Money Talks 01



I'm paraphrasing slightly but I heard this fantastic piece of wisdom on the Optimal Finance Daily podcast (originally shared on Budgets Are Sexy) and I'm keeping it firmly in mind on this path to mindful money.

Whilst I have gotten a lot better, I still "think poor" (more on this in another post) and see money as something to trade for instant gratification....aka stuff.  This has got to change if I'm going to be successful in turning things around.

So from now on I'm going to try my hardest to live by this motto.  If I seriously consider buying something on impulse but ultimately decide not to, then I'm going to transfer the amount I would have spent into my savings account.  This shouldn't be too hard; I chop and change my mind over purchases all the time but never place the money out of reach and so it always gets spent in some way or another.

Hopefully this way I'll still have the panic of seeing my bank balance deflate to keep me on track but there should be the gratification of knowing that my savings are increasing.

The hard part will be keeping that money in my savings and not dipping into it when something else catches my eye.

Wish me luck.


Comments